Friday, April 2, 2010

What this is all about...

I guess I should start off by telling you about the purpose of this blog.  It's really just a place for me to organize my thoughts on the movies I have seen.  I'm not a professional critic by any means, nor do I think I would want to be.  This is just a corner for me to talk about something I have a deep passion for:  Film!  And if someone reads this and wants to engage with me, all the better.

If I had to pick one genre, I guess I would say I'm a drama girl.  I don't mind if a movie makes me cry.  All kinds of stories interest me and I'm always up for something new and original.  But really, I love all genres.  What I'm into at the moment changes with my mood.  Sometimes I don't mind a good cry.  Other times I'm up for something light and fluffy.  Still other times I want a good scare.  I am just a self-proclaimed movie freak!

You may be wondering where the title of this blog came from.  I'll start off by saying my favorite movie is Watership Down.  The blog title comes from my favorite line:  "They look sad; like trees in November."  I thought it only fitting to reference my favorite movie.  The domain name comes from a place mentioned in the movie Nuthanger Farm.  My first formal review will be of this movie and hope readers will bear with me as I find and develop my writing skills to do these movies justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment